This snowflake obsidian bracelet is part of my larger collection of obsidian jewellery.
A fabric-lined gift box is included.
Obsidian is a naturally occurring gemstone formed by the rapid cooling of volcanic larva. It is found across the word whereever volcanic activity has occurred. Mexico, Afghanistan, USA and Scotland all have significant deposits. Snowflake obsidian is so named due to the presence of ‘snowflake’ patterns caused by the presence of cristobalite.
Obsidian is a lesser known Modern Birthstone for
- the month of November
- Scorpio and Sagittarius
Gemstone Meaning of Obsidian
Obsidian has been highly prized as an item of jewellery for thousands of years. In particular it is believed to
- possess magical qualities. Often referred to as ‘The Wizard Stone’.
- Have a grounding influence that helps promote balance
- Aids spiritual communication
- Helps overcome trauma and addiction
Care of your Snowflake Obsidian Bracelet
Obsidian has a hardness of 5 – 5.5 on the Mohs scale. Although not as hard as quartz it is nevertheless a durable stone that is very easy to car for. To keep it in tip-top condition I would recommend that you bear the following points in mind.
- If required, clean in soapy water and rinse well
- Store away from other gemstones in a fabric lined box
- Sweat can cause discolouration to sterling silver so remove when exercising. This is always a sensible precaution to reduce the risk of injury or loss.
- Avoid contact with chemicals such as those present in swimming pools and some shampoos
- To help reduce tarnishing consider using an anti tarnish strip and a silica bag to reduce humidity
You may also be interested in;
- My collection of other semi precious bracelets
- If black is your colour then see all my other black jewellery
- Alternatively here is my entire collection of handmade bracelets
- My bespoke jewellery service
Further information about obsidian may be obtained from the International Gem Society